Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
nickmaher
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telstra

StandardListItem with multi-line text

I'd like to have a have a ListView full of items that look like StandardListItem, but with multiple lines of text for the 'description' field. As far as I can tell, it's not possible to modify the StandardListItem to do this.

So, if I build a custom control that looks like StandardListItem, is there any way to get the standard blue "selection border" and the grey dividers that appear between list items? Or would I need to draw these myself? (I was thinking of using a nine-slice as the background, but maybe there's a better way).

I'm hoping that there is a standard way to do this so that if the theme changes, my list items don't look out of place.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: StandardListItem with multi-line text

I don't think there's much way to do this yet other than custom like that, and keep track of the latest OS changes so when they do change you'll be able to follow them. We do expect some improvements in future to make it a bit easier to match the system theme colours etc, but not before launch.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nickmaher
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: StandardListItem with multi-line text

Thanks Peter. I'll have a go at drawing it myself for now.

Please use plain text.