Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
xtravanta
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Startup in Portrait mode

Hi,

Is it possible to start the app in portrait mode (even when the phone is in landscape) and then when it is loaded at some point tell it to allow both landscape and portrait.

Because when i say in the descriptor that it has to be Portrait

OrientationSupport::instance()->setSupportedDisplayOrientation(SupportedDisplayOrientation::All);

doen't work anymore only when descriptor has it set to auto orientation

Anybody got a suggestion?

Thx. 

Developer
superdirt
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Startup in Portrait mode

Is this just to get the splash screen to show in portrait mode? To solve this I just make the landscape version of the splash screen the same as the portrait splash screen, except rotated.

Scott

Contributor
xtravanta
My Device: Blackberry Z10

No it's not only for the splashscreen, the main screen should always be portrait, and i think everything else on the stack should be auto orientation.

drasko_xtreme
My Device: BB10 004402241870843

Yes, I have this issue as well. Unfortunately our client does not wish to adjust their Splash Screen design to also support Portrait mode because the same app has been launched on other platforms with no landscape Splash Screen support. Making this change across all platforms is not desired.

If a RIM employee reads this thread, I highly suggest this issue be resolved soon.

Please allow developers to lock the rotation in OrientationSupport or the bar-descriptor from before the moment the splash screen is launched. Currently, the platform only supports adding or removing Portrait or Landscape privileges throughout the entire app using the bar-descriptor. If we wish to launch in portrait for the duration of our splash screen, we can not use landscape after the splash screen dismisses. There appears to be no work-around at the moment.