Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
jial
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Static Library - Where are the project files?

Hi, I am creating a bb10 static library with SDK 10.2Gold. But, I can't find where the proejcts files in neither the project folder nor the workspace folder. So, every time I download a copy of the lib source code from server, I need to recreate a project and reconfiure it.

Does anyone know where the static library's project files are? thx.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Kareem_ELSayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

Re: Static Library - Where are the project files?

Hello,
I'm not sure if this help but Have you tried to RightClick on the static library project in Momentics>>Properties>>Location (here you should find full path to the project). generally if you are creating the static lib from QNX Momentics, it will be saved in the default opened workspace location.

Thanks,
Kareem.
Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jial

The workspace folder is emtpy. The project folder has only the public and the src folders in it. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Kareem_ELSayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

Hi Jial,

When you create a static library, select the C++/Makefile build. then build / compile and it will generate a lib.a file in the project folder.

Please check out this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Creating-Static-Library/td-p/1805637

Thanks,
Kareem
Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jial

thx. the static lib was built fine. I got the .a files in the project folder. What I can't find are the project confiuration fiels, such as .pro or .pri files. Without them, anyone take over my project will need to recreate the static lib project from the source code. 

Please use plain text.