Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Still having problems signing ... but ...

I honestly don't know how I missed this. The problem I've had for the past couple of days were nothing to do with how the project was set up. I took another look at it after taking a day off from it yesterday and it immediately became obvious.

It was the directory name! One of the directories in the path pointing to where the project deployment files are stored contained a space. So, being a command-line tool, the signer thought the bit after the space was name of the bar file.

However, I'm now getting manifest errors. They look like this:

Manifest error(s):
Invalid value "errgwrZVVaVCt6bAUMbTEM/WYd7HWeEftUmOhrj09O1/CLB3HtsICmJXV2erFYGpS
PAOQcr02mkY9hOhxGu1Fg" for Archive-Asset-x-Digest.
Invalid value "TgBOyPBEUCZJbwjPYGcO9a+ZVyX9fME+VWQlWTh0WsXSzoz/kop+DVcKMSe1Hbmtp
57q1Ou5ibXhn8/CvfMW0g" for Archive-Asset-x-Digest.
Invalid value "OCYfa8pS4K9w6woZ8pgwgDF+a1ERFPnVYN1CDNS0NStduMyent92rg9XR+JjWt1nW
98Un1s/xOZysLJZQ//g0g" for Archive-Asset-x-Digest.
Invalid value "kXx4jVWQcFBYZXCuIhBqk/yPfOW75Fzbx73oISYUPrHIcIF2iTnNUI3tCpezOBLqw
co9l7kwBPau3JO0vLXRzQ" for Archive-Asset-x-Digest.

And so forth. Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Still having problems signing ... but ...

YESS!!

Finally got it to sign. To be honest, I'm not sure what I did. The only thing I did differently was to add the keystore information to the Marmalade deploy tool. I assumed that this would automatically sign it but, just in case, I then ran the blackberry signer tool (expecting an error if the Marmalade deploy tool had signed it). And voila ... it signed it.

Of course, this is only half the battle. I've got to get it past BB's scrutiny but at least I've got this far :smileyhappy: