Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telenor

Swipe from one page to another

Hi,

I would like to know if there is something like , I can swipe from current page to the nextpage. I have a home screen with 5 tiles. Each tile will have separate detail page accociated with it. So, when I touch on each tile, the next detailed page will be opened. 

Now, the requirement is when I am on a deatiled page of one tile, and I swipe to left or right, the next tile's detailed page should be opened.  Is it possible to implement? if so, could someone let me know how can we do this.

Thanks,

-SJ

Please like this if you are answered.
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook
My Carrier: Loop

Re: Swipe from one page to another

Implementing this sort of swipe behavior with in application would not be suggested and will go against the BB10 design guidelines.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

kamalakshan wrote:
Implementing this sort of swipe behavior with in application would not be suggested and will go against the BB10 design guidelines.

I know a few applications where it is used very nicely, for example gNewsReader.

@OP: It is entirely possible. You can search the forum for swipe to find references.

One of them is this sample:

https://github.com/blackberry/Cascades-Community-Samples/tree/master/stumpers/bbjamcarousel

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hi smjose, there is nothing wrong with what you are trying to achieve. For this you can use a ListView with the layout property set to:

layout: StackListLayout {
                orientation: LayoutOrientation.LeftToRight
            }

and the flickMode and snapMode set to SingleItem and LeadingEdge, respectively.

flickMode: FlickMode.SingleItem
            snapMode: SnapMode.LeadingEdge

@SamarAbdelsayed

Did this answer your question? Please accept post as solution.
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Found a bug? Report it using the Issue Tracker