Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
razorek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10LE

Swipe up gesture in landscape orientation - works only in the middle!

Hi!

I've noticed that in my Casades applications, when in landscape orientation, it is hard to minize the app. You have to swipe up in the middle of the bottom bezel to minimize. I've checked a few applications and it's not always like that:

• Open file manager app in landspece - you can only minimize it if you swipe up in the middle of the bottom bezel
  • Open calendar, browser or clock app in landscape - you can minimize it if you swipe up ANYWHRE from the bottom bezel

I need to fix this, as I get e-mails from users saying, that they cannot close the app. Some of them feel forced to pull out the battery or restart the phone. It must be very frustrating to them, and I don't know how many potential customers I've lost because of this.

Please help.

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Swipe up gesture in landscape orientation - works only in the middle!

I recommend you enter a bug report in to DIT.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
razorek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10LE

I have some more findings regarding my issue:

My projects have been created in NDK version prior to SDK 10.3;

In the current (beta) NDK, if I create a new Cascades project, I can swipe anywhere on the bottom bezel to minimize the app in landscape orientation. Of course I've set BlackBerry API level to 10.1 just like in my main project.

I've spend quite a lot of time comparing my main project and the new one, but I cannot see any real difference.

So I've copied all contents of my main project (source, assets, etc) into the new one and I still can swipe up from anywhere to minimize :smileyhappy:.

Althou I haven't found what the problem was, luckly there is a solution and it's quite easy.

New Developer
Bourne11
My Device: Z10

It' an OS bug - I've seen it with some apps :/

Hoping 10.3 fixes this.