Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
xnike
My Device: PlayBook, DAC, STL100-1, STL100-2
Accepted Solution

System dialog like custom dialog in QML

Hello, does anyone have expirience of creating custom dialog with complex content (segmented control + dropdown + containers) looking the same way as SystemDialog (according theme: standart system dialog)?

Maybe there are snippets?

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Re: System dialog like custom dialog in QML

I think you should be able to work out how to achieve your goal by following the custom dialog tutorial:

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/ui/dialogs_toasts/tutorial_create_a_cu...

Hope this helps you get started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Developer
xnike
My Device: PlayBook, DAC, STL100-1, STL100-2

Thanks a lot, but I know how to create custom dialog in QML (by using Dialog component and etc).

My question was how to create custom dialog (with segmented control, containers) that looks like System Dialog (blue header, bright buttons on even dark system theme).

I found two ways:

1) make screenshot of the page with SystemDialog, split picture into parts and use Dialog, add containers for each image part as background, add content. But I am not sure, that SystemDialog's design will be not changed in the future or not depended on the application theme.

2) get latest firmware splited into several system applications (bar files) and find in those files how BBRY implement UI in QMLs - may be I'll be lucky and find solution.

Retired
mwoolley

OK, I see what you mean now :-)

I'm making enquiries here and will get back to you if I find an approach which is better than your own suggestions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Retired
mwoolley

[ Edited ]

The consensus is that you can either use the approach from the tutorial, which we acknowledge is "sensitive" to the possibility of the stype of SystemDialog changing in the future or maybe (because I'm not 100% sure what precisely you want to do), this documentation has some value for you:

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/ui/dialogs_toasts/system_dialogs.html