Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
dmendo
My Device: Torch 2
Accepted Solution

The QML preview is not available. glGetProcAddress_win32 failed: glGenFramebuffersEXT

Hello,

It's me make crazy.. I have a Toshiba laptop satellite A305 windows 64 vista home premium, recently updated my grapichs cards that have Open GL 2.1 and once time startup the Momentics IDE the error message appear. I am newby in BB development and have high interest to be part of the team.. I will be regulary user here.. !

thank you in advance

Developer
welsenKiriono
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: The QML preview is not available. glGetProcAddress_win32 failed: glGenFramebuffersEXT

Is your laptop has external graphic card?

As far as i know, you have to use external graphic card for bb ndk..

Correct me if i'm wrong

New Developer
dmendo

Re: The QML preview is not available. glGetProcAddress_win32 failed: glGenFramebuffersEXT

No, I am using an internal graphics card that have my laptop...

Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

dmendo,
Can you roll the drivers back to the previous version? It sounds like they're causing the issue if it was working prior to updating the drivers.

This error has been happening on my XP 64bit machine ever since updating to Beta 2, and I didn't update my drivers otherwise.
New Developer
dmendo

JohnPinkerton,

Thank you for yout interest, but the problem always displaying before/after the graphical driver was updated. For mor information, I have the:

QNX® Momentics IDE for BlackBerry® 10 Native SDK

Version: 10.0.6
Build id: v201207130407

I am not coding just trying to solve the 2 problems: The QML preview is not available.and the Could not find qmake configuration directoryCould not find qmake configuration fileUsing OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR

A empty application with a lot of problems... that's shame... je je je

I think that is the last version !!!:Helpsmilie:

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mgoulet
My Device: BB Alpha

Hi there,

I understand your laptop model is one of the satellite A305. is this the A305-S6857 or S6905 or other? Could you send me the exact model type of your laptop (or integrated video card)?

Martin

New Developer
dmendo

Thank you Martin, the laptop is satellite A305 , Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2 GHz RAM 4.00 GB. Windows vista home premium SP 2. In the display adapter have 2 installed: LogMeIn Mirror device version 7.1.542.0 and the Mobile Intel (R) 4 series express chipset family version 7.15.10.1502.
Hope helps ..
New Developer
dmendo

including the specs, Toshiba Satellite A305-S6894 (PSAG8U-03L01E)

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mgoulet
My Device: BB Alpha

Hmm I quickly looked at the specs online and related threads for the Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics card and found that some are having issues with some OpenGL: e.g. http://communities.intel.com/thread/12086

It may be that the card does not formally support some extensions (namely glGenFramebuffersEXT in this case), or that the current driver version that you have does not support it.

Also, you mentioned that you have two video cards on this laptop? I have not seen any specs for this, but if that is the case, you may want to make sure that the card with the highest OpenGL capabilities is active when you are running Momentics.

let us know if you come across anything-

Good luck!

Martin