If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
Eastwoody
My Device: Bold 9000/PlayBook/Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: MTS Russia

The problem with the software for BB10

Hello,
This situation, with the third installed times Native SDK (Windows 8), but an error on startup:

Lisense Messege
Reason:
License Check Failure. Your QNX license could not be obtained, QNX functionality will be disabled. Ensure you have valid QNX license installed. Ensure the QNX_CONFIGURATION environment variable is defined correctly and is accessible. No license found for product 5 ReturnCode=2 License Check Failure. Your QNX license could not be obtained, QNX functionality will be disabled. Ensure you have valid QNX license installed. Ensure the QNX_CONFIGURATION environment variable is defined correctly and is accessible. No license found for product 5 ReturnCode=2

After pressing the "OK" button, a second window: The QNX feature has been disabled due to licensing
Now the project has no such items as Set from Debug Token and Run As> BlackBerry C / C + + Application.
How can I solve this problem?

P.S. Do I need any additional software, in addition to Photoshop?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Beeline

Re: The problem with the software for BB10

currently BB10 SDK don't support Windows 8. Gold release of SDK at 11 december will be support.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mstawick
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Orange

I have just installed latest SDK, and same thing happens. Any solution?

Please use plain text.
Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: -

It should be working - actually it was working (except for QML preview) from day 1 of Win 8, but you had to install it using compatability mode. Now you don't even need to do that.

I have the gold SDK running on my Dell laptop with Win 8 (64 bit) and it's fine.

What platform are you installing for?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mstawick
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Orange

Win8 x64. I got it running, but I needed to fix install manually. The problem however won't affect many people.

The thing is 'smart' Windows8 generated my user name from my real name, which contains Polish character "ł". Then during installation everything would install correctly, except for qnx license files, which were installed into some garbage dir (instead of "ł" it would use some garbage misencoded characters). 

So simple moving the license files to the right place under my real home directory fixed the problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: -

So someone has used ASCII for their strings I guess...

Ironic considering that the BB10 UI design team work out of Malmö  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.