Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
jcdlp
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: FIDO

Trouble downloading Tutorial app to PlayBook

I've been following the Tutorial on the QNX Momentics IDE building a simple C/C++ application.  The Getting started with the NDK Tutorial starts with a photo of a PlayBook so It appears to be targeted to PlayBook applications.

My sample compiles but eventually when trying to download it to the PlayBook I get the following error which seems to imply I'm not developing for the new PlayBook 2.0 OS.  I've done something wrong but I don't know what.

Thanks

John

Error in final launch sequence

Cannot prepare and download the binary

Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch

Info: Action: Install and Launch

Info: Debug native: on

Info: File size: 16360

Info: Installing com.example.TestProject.testDev_TestProject34329396...

Info: Processing 16360 bytes

actual_dname::

actual_id::

actual_version::

result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 0, 1, 358)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jcdlp

Re: Trouble downloading Tutorial app to PlayBook

Solved. Unlike, say Microchip's MPLAB IDE, where you choose the target processor and in circuit debugger to work with 8 bit, 16 bit or 32 bits it seems the tablet requires a totally different installation of the IDE.
Feel like I've taken a 30 year backwards step.
Please use plain text.
mota_al
My Device: playBooj
My Carrier: telcel

Can you be more explicit about what do you do?? please!!!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jcdlp

Initially I had installed the IDE for the Blackberry phone which doesn't use OS 2.0.  Once I removed that and installed the development environment for the tablet everything worked.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
chinasongz
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: verizon

can u please provide a step by step tutorial for what to remove and a link for the proper dev environment , also it took me 36 hour non stop youtube vids and searching the web to learn how to make my debug token, so please hold my hand and give explicit details/steps. If you do this I'll make it my very 1st youtube upload AND GIVE YOU ALL THE CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME :smileywink:
Please use plain text.