Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

UI strip is displayed in Half of the screen on Blackberry 10 device (10.0.6 Bundle 545)

[ Edited ]

2012-08-16_03-55-05_695.jpgHi,

I am developing blackberry application in which i use forigen window to dispaly camera and other UI component upon camera.  After update the BB10 alpha device software  (10.0.6 Bundle 545) strip is display at bottom half of the screen and camera is not visible at that part. Before software update it works fine. So i just do not know how to resolve this issue.

I also run the sample application HelloCamera on Updated BB10 device it also gives the strip in half of the screen.

When we work with camera at that time only we face this issue. I run sample application with simple UI component without camera and it works fine.

I also attached the snap shot of native HelloCamera application. We face the same issue in our application.

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
My Device: BB Alpha

Re: UI strip is displayed in Half of the screen on Blackberry 10 device (10.0.6 Bundle 545)

Hi there,

This may be caused by the fact that the surface covered by your foreignWindow is larger than the buffer size coming from the camera.This would result in raw data not being cleared off the extra space with unpredictable graphical results.

Could you validate the width/height/position of your feed match those of your foreign window?

Martin

Super Contributor

Re: UI strip is displayed in Half of the screen on Blackberry 10 device (10.0.6 Bundle 545)

This thing happen on sample provide on github (HelloCamera) application. I did not provide any height/width to foreign window and i also want to know how to validate height/width of the feed?

With my HelloCamera pull from Github, I can run the application, however, the buttons ("Front Camera" "Rear Camera" "Stop Camera") never appear on the bottom of the screen in landscape as shown in your screenshot.  Which version are you running and which changes have you made?

Martin

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry

We didn't make any changes in the GitHub project. The only change we made is the change in orientation. We switched the orientation to landscape. We are using 

Blackberry 10 dev alpha device (10.0.6 Bundle 545).

If we decrease the width & height of foreign window it works fine. 
Below metioned warnings continues to appear in the console:

### BAD_FRAME pid=211583121 at 5474074 ms -> t: 74 ms p1: 0 ms, r: 73 ms, p2: 1 ms, u: 0 ms

### BAD_FRAME pid=211583121 at 5474120 ms -> t: 31 ms p1: 0 ms, r: 6 ms, p2: 0 ms, u: 25 ms

### BAD_FRAME pid=211583121 at 5474153 ms -> t: 33 ms p1: 0 ms, r: 6 ms, p2: 0 ms, u: 27 ms

I have made the changes to the bar-descriptor file to force the app into landscape mode:

<initialWindow>
        <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
        <transparent>false</transparent>
        <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
    </initialWindow>

But it renders properly for me (the odd looking stripe nad white space on your screenshot are completely black in my case).

Have you made any other changes? I understand your device is updated, but is your IDE updated with the most recent SDK for .545?

Super Contributor

Hi,

I updated IDE with 545 and device also. I did not make any  changes on that. 10.0.4 OS dev alpha device foreign window looks in full window but on 10.0.6 it displays strip.

have you cleaned and rebuilt your project? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am not sure what could be the problem here - I would encourage you to log an Issue:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Martin

Super Contributor

Ya i cleaned and rebuilt the project so many times. but same result. HelloCamera i pull from github and run it on 10.0.6 and it display only on half of the screen when we lock its orientation on landscape. HelloCamera app run perfectly fine on portrait. Only problem occurs when we run the app on landscape.