Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
VivekAgar
My Device: 9700

USB Debugging and On playbook

I want to debug my apps on playbook device via USB connection, is it possible..?

when i connect my device with System BB desktop manager starts and asking for Backup and sync only,

also i doesn't found anything inside QNX IDE which enables Debugging Via USB.

while i am Debug apps right now via WiFi but it seems some slow process, is USB will Faster option.

can someone  plz post Details how could i debug via USB Connection on Device. also is it possible to take ScreenShot from VM simulators.?

Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook

Re: USB Debugging and On playbook

Debugging works fine for me using QtCreator from Fedora, not sure about windows but if its working over wifi for you allready then it should also work from USB. Check your using the correct IP as the USB IP will be different than the wifi IP. Also check the settings on your playBook under Storage & Sharing are set properly.

Good Luck!

Jon

Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

Of course it is possible. You have to configure target (simulator or a device) and select it when running the application.

There isn't any difference I think when debugging via wifi and usb.

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer

You can take a screenshot of the simulator, from outside the simulator. (Is there a reason you want a screenshot inside the simulator?)   e.g. in Windows, just do a screenshot and paste into Paint as usual.

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer

Did you get past your issues?

If so, please mark one or more posts as a solution.

Otherwise, how far did you get and how can we help?

Stuart