Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
law696
My Device: BB10 Alpha Device
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Unable to create debug token

Hi,

I recently updated the IDE and BlackBerry Dev Alpha and now I want to run my app on the device, but when I try to the IDE says a non-expired debug token could not be located on device, even though I have a debug token on the device, which I've had since the first vesrion of the IDE and Dev Alpha. So it gives me an option to either create a new debug token, but when I do that it says error creating and uploading debug token, Error: unable to sign bar: Server is not responding. So I then try to import my existing debug token and it says error importing and uploading debug token.

I'm literally out of ideas and would be most appreciative if someone could help me out.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Unable to create debug token

From the few details about what exactly you updated from and to, I would guess that you 1) Don't have a debug token on your dev alpha because you maybe had to do a wipe and recover to update the dev alpha (lots of people had to do this), and 2) Need to go back through the procedure to set up your IDE to create debug tokens and sign apps.  When you updated your IDE did you re-run the BlackBerry Deplyment Setup Wizard?

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Did you turn on development mode first?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
law696

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Let me be clearer about my situation.

When I updated the IDE to Beta 2 and updated the Dev Alpha. At this time, I already had a debug token on my device, which I created when I was using the IDE from the first Beta. When I started using the Beta 2 IDE, I set up the Dev Alpha so it was now recognised by the IDE. When I then ran my app on the device the IDE wasn't recognising the debug token that I created from Beta 1. So it asks me to create a new token, but when I tried to, the IDE displays the following issues that I mentioned in my first post.   

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

On the device, go to Security Development Mode.

- Does it say that a debug token is installed?

- If so, is it valid?

- if so, what is the expiration date?

- if expiration date hasn't been reached, exit the tools menu and click on the time at the top of the screen.  What is the date?

Stuart

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
law696

Since my last post, I have removed the debug token. So I'm trying to create a new one, but unable to do so.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Follow the instructions in momentics in Getting Started.  You don't need to get new keys.   How far did you get and where are you blocked?

Stuart

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
law696

I've figured out what the problem was. I hadn't set the IDE's network connectons to accept my proxy server.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Beeline

I have the same problem today! I want to create debug token, But IDE ask csk password, after entering IDE ask again without any error notice
Please use plain text.