Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
BB_Develpoer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Unable to determine returned PID from launch AND Cannot run app due to error 8

HI , 

I am new to BB NDK as well as cascades and C . Ia m unable to run a cascade sample app on BB Dev Alpha simulator.

When I try to run the app I get the pop  "Unable to determine returned PID from launch"
But App icon is shown on the simulator but when I click the icon to launch the app i get the pop up "Unable to launch my App Name due to error 8"

Please , Can anyone guide me what em mssing out here.

Regards

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Re: Unable to determine returned PID from launch AND Cannot run app due to error 8

Check build configuration, for simulator must be Simulator-Debug.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
amarcon
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: Unable to determine returned PID from launch AND Cannot run app due to error 8

Developer
BB_Develpoer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

hi ,

I dont know how but my problem is solved now ,Today I just started the system .Clean , build and run the app and error is no more there (I tried this many time yesterday , dont know why it did not worked at that time )

@borceg Build configuration is set to simulator-debug

Thank you all for your help.

Regards

New Developer
plungeint
My Device: PlayBook

this is confusing, the solution is not a solution at all... I cleaned and rebuilt but it didnt worked for me :smileysad:

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

Error 8 means "8 - bad binary", are you building using proper architecture? Use x86 for simulator, arm for a device.