Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
jhitchcock
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
Accepted Solution

Unable to determine returned PID from launch when running on device 10.2 IDE 2.0

This just started happening, every time I try and run / debug to my device running 10.2. Tried all the obvious restarting / rebooting.. upgraded to 10.2.. updated IDE to 2.0.. Still nothing.. no logs, error codes, nothing, just that error! 

Lost a day to it already! 

Has anyone had a similar issue and resolved it? 

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Re: Unable to determine returned PID from launch when running on device 10.2 IDE 2.0

The only time I've seen this that I recall was when my application did not start for some reason. Or if starting it was delayed by (e.g.) the permissions screen waiting for me to authorise the requested permissions.

slog2info should give you some clues though I note you say there's nothing in the logs.

Are you certain your application is not core dumping? Use the IDE's target file system explorer to look in your app logs directory for .core dump files. If you find one use post-mortem debugging to establish why/where the application crashed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Contributor
jhitchcock

Re: Unable to determine returned PID from launch when running on device 10.2 IDE 2.0

Thanks for your reply.

Never managed to get the target file system explorer to work! After this issue my Simulator also stopped working with a different VMWare error.. So, In the end I did this;

- Remove all traces of everything.
- Reinstall VMWare
- ReInstall Momentics and all SDK's
- ReInstall BlackBerry Drivers for device

That got the simulator up and running again, and app deployed fine..However still same error on device.

So then I created a brand new project, copied in all the Source, Configuration, assets etc and it finally deployed to device .

Probably a bit of a 'Sledgehammer to a fly' solution, but couldn't afford any more time on it!

Ive kept both sets of files separate, so when I get time I'll diff them and find out if there was something obvious!

James
Retired
mwoolley

Sledgehammers are perfectly good weapons for killing flies :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Developer
minmax
My Device: Dev Alpha, Z10

Hi jhitchcock, I have the same problem! And I'm also didn't found a way how to fix it :smileysad:
Any news?
Retired
mwoolley

Check for .core files using the target file system explorer in the information perspective of Momentics. It's possible your application is core dumping.

Developer
minmax

App is not crashed so it has no dump.. it just not launched..
Developer
minmax

[ Edited ]

But looks like I'm found solution!
Just go to 'Run'>'Run Configurations...' on the 'Upload' tab in the 'Deployment' section select 'Install application BAR file' option then 'Apply' and 'Run'
Do the same for 'Debug Configurations...'
After this I can running or debugging my application!

Contributor
jhitchcock

Ok, it happened again.. But rather than rebuild my entire machine, I tried minmax's solution, and that seemed to do the job! 

New Developer
dielsonsales
My Device: Dev Alpha C

It works, but everytime I relaunch it, it's back to "Only upload files that have changed and delete old files from target" and I have to change again. Anyone knows what causes that?