Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

Unable to export release build

Hi there,

I built an application based on the Bluetooth SPP chat example that I would like to now release and submit to BlackBerry World for sale.  However, whenever I attempt to build the application I get an error complaining about an invalid asset path.  I tried everything I could think of to correct the error but I am really in over my head here and don't understand what is going wrong.  In order to verify that my key works I did try to sign a simple "HelloWorld" application and the release build worked fine with that app.  However, whenever I go back to my app built based on the Bluetooth SPP chat example the export release build fails.

I then decided to try doing an export release build on the Bluetooth SPP chat example directly and I ended up with the same error.  It is shown below.

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "arm/o.le-v7/libbluetoothsppchat.so.1.0.0"

If somebody can please help me resolve this I would really appreciate it.  Right now this is preventing me from releasing my app to BlackBerry World and I'm not very happy about it, especially after I spent a considerable amount of time to get the app going in the first place.

:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Unable to export release build

Wow, I spent so much time on this and the solution was right under my nose...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Can-t-export-for-release/m-p/2091503#M11...

No need to reply.  Cheers everyone! :Yes:

Please use plain text.