Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
chocolatemoose
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Unable to link OpenAL

I'm a little confused about how to access OpenAL. I read somewhere that the binary was included in the NDK, but isn't actually part of the tablet install. But the NDK seems to include a dynamic library which doesn't seem to encourage static linking to include this in my app.

Anyway, I've added the "OpenAL" library to the list of libraries required by my app. This gets resolved to the target-override library directory, and builds an executable. But when I install it on the tablet, it fails to run with the error:

ldd:FATAL: Could not load library libOpenAL.so.1

Does anyone know the right way to use OpenAL?

Thanks kindly!

New Contributor
markusn82

Re: Unable to link OpenAL

You have to manually include the libraries as part of your package. To do this, you need to add it as an asset in your bar descriptor. Just add the following line and you should be ok:

<asset path="${QNX_TARGET}/../target-override/${CPUVARDIR}/usr/lib/libOpenAL.so.1" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libOpenAL.so.1</asset>

New Contributor
chocolatemoose

Worked perfectly - thanks kindly!

Retired
cdamus
My Device: Bold 9700

FYI - the bar-descriptor.xml file presents a warning on an executable asset that requires a shared library that isn't packaged in the BAR. This warning has a quick-fix that adds the required shared-library assets for you, saving some work.

Cheers,

Christian
hectornavarro
My Device: Developer

Hello, I'm doing exactly what you said and I get the following message:

Source file of asset "lib/libOpenAL.so.1" does not exist.

Thanks in advance