Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mgoulet
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Unable to proceed further than Device setup

Ok,

Can you make sure that the Blackberry Device Manager on your MAC is running? If you disconnect the device and it is still running, try to force-close the app and give it another shot;

Martin

Please use plain text.
New Developer
zeultimo
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: Vodafone

hey Martin, by Blackberry device manager, do you mean the blackberry desktop software that the device suggests me to download from blackberry.com/desktop ?

If so, yes... I had done that already & it is not working.

Please use plain text.
mgoulet

Yes, the same application running the popup asking for your password when you connect your device (if you have one setup); make sure you try killing it before restarting the processis what I was saying;

Another long shot: are you certain the usb cable is functional? usb port?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
zeultimo

This USB port & the usb cable work fine as the BB dev alpha device gets the prompt that its connected & gives me the option to dismiss that msg.

I uninstalled the older software & installed one from https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update on my mac, Same issue!

Please use plain text.
mgoulet

This is puzzling -

If you made sure that:
1) Development mode is enabled on the device (under settings)
2) The Blackberry Device Manager detects the device (pop-up displayed when connecting)
3) You enter the proper password on the Blackberry Device Manager on popup (not in Momentics yet)
4) Debug tokens are deployed on the device and active (in the same screen as above)
5) you enter the password for the device in Momentics when detected

The device should be discovered, detected and connected. You can also try to flash your device back to initial settings and see if that will work;

Can you confirm that you have completed these? If you have and are still having issues, it would be best to create an Issue in the issue tracker, listing each specific steps you performed up until the auto-discovery process which fails for you.

Issue Tracker:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Martin

Please use plain text.
New Developer
zeultimo

Martin,
More than puzzling, it is annoying to not be able to use a dev alpha device, however I am glad that one of you have been giving me suggestions to get the ball rolling...

The issue has gotten worse than it began with (also mentioned in this post > http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Unable-to-proceed-further-than-Device-setu... )
The device is not being detected by my mac at all.
In the BetaZone, the minimum system requirement for a mac mentioned remotely is 10.5.2, I am running 10.6.1, so thats good,
the phone gets a prompt that the device is connected to a computer & provides me an option to dismiss, but it is not being detected by the BlackBerry Desktop Software, should I still take this issue to the Issue Tracker?
Please use plain text.
mgoulet

1. When you say your device is not being detected by your mac at all, this means there are no Device Manager popups showing anymore?

2. (This will sound redundant but will ask anyway because it has happened to me) Have you confirmed that the Device Manager was not still running in a "Not Responding" state when you goto "Force Quit" Applications menu on your machine? That will keep it from being properly detected;

Please use plain text.
mgoulet

Also, still not sure about your position on trying to flash your device back to 10.6 using the Device Manager as I mentioned earlier; have you tried this yet?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Under "Storage & Sharing" in the device settings, change "USB Connections" from "Automatically Detect" to "Connect to Mac".

Please use plain text.
New Developer
zeultimo

The app is not frozen Martin,

about the flashing device back to 10.6 using the device manager... if you mean on the Mac's  BB desktop management software, it is not detecting the device, so can't do that, however I have been to security, security wiped the device, it still is not being detected, 

Thanks mreed, I did change that to connect to mac already, no Joy :/

Please use plain text.