Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
gocolinn
My Device: Playbook 32
Accepted Solution

Undefined reference to netstatus_get_proxy_details_for_url

Hi All,

Sorry to post another question so shortly after my first, but I am stuck again and could use the help of a more experience BB10 developer,

I have created a 'managed' cascases project in the eclipse-based IDE.  I'm getting an undefined reference to netstatus_get_proxy_details_for_url althought I link libbps.  I also get a link error with `_readdir_r'  which is odd.

I have the following qcc command and linker error. (cut for brevity)

...  -lbb -lbps -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_filesystem -lcrypto -liconv -lc -lstdc++ -lsocket -linput_utilities -linput_client -lQtCore -lbbplatform -lssl -lbbcascades -lQtXml -lQtScript -lbbutility -lQtGui -lQtDeclarative -lQtSql -lQtXmlPatterns -lbps -lQtNetwork -lbbdata -lbbsystem -lxml2 -lwifi -lbtapi -lcsm -lcurl -lgoogleurl -lbbdevice -lbbsystemlocale -lm -lQtSvg -V4.6.3,gcc_ntox86_cpp -w1 -lang-c++ -g -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -L/home/colinn/Programs/bbndk/target_10_0_9_386/qnx6/../target-override/x86/lib -L/home/colinn/Developer/bb/10/extra/Boost-1_48_0-gnu/rim-build/boost-stage/x86/debug/lib -L/home/colinn/Developer/bb/10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/qt4/lib -L/home/colinn/Programs/bbndk/target_10_0_9_386/qnx6/../target-override/x86/usr/lib

/home/colinn/Developer/bb/10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/qt4/lib/libQtNetwork.so: undefined reference to `netstatus_get_proxy_details_for_url'
/home/colinn/Developer/bb/10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/qt4/lib/libQtCore.so: undefined reference to `_readdir_r'
cc: /home/colinn/Programs/bbndk/host_10_0_9_52/linux/x86/usr/bin/ntox86-ld error 1
Build error occurred, build is stopped

Any suggestions?  Maybe I should stick to a .pro and qmake?

netstatus_get_proxy_details_for_url

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jhoffmann
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Re: Undefined reference to netstatus_get_proxy_details_for_url

re-order the libraries so that -lbps appears after -lQtNetwork

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gocolinn
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Undefined reference to netstatus_get_proxy_details_for_url

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much for the reply.  Unfortunately the re-order doesn't yield different results.  Same undefined reference.  This is really bizarre.  Maybe I have the wrong arch type.

here are the library directories I have in the search path:

-L/home/colinn/Programs/bbndk/target_10_0_9_386/qnx6/../target-override/x86/lib

-L/home/colinn/Developer/bb/10/extra/Boost-1_48_0-gnu/rim-build/boost-stage/x86/debug/lib

-L/home/colinn/Developer/bb/10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/qt4/lib

-L/home/colinn/Programs/bbndk/target_10_0_9_386/qnx6/../target-override/x86/usr/lib

AH! I am.  I think this happened when the Simulator wouldn't run with the Gold SDK.  The IDE searched and found a new QNX_TARGET but my filesystem paths remained the same. Thanks for the feedback, it helped me take a closer look at the problem

Please use plain text.