Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
JohnWS
My Device: 9900

Unresolved Inclusion for bb/cascades/KeyEvent

I am trying to implement a listener for a textfield in cascades. After following the only sample of code out there for KeyListener which is in documentation I am trying to include KeyEvent and KeyListener but I keep getting unresolved errors.

Can someone test if #include <bb/cascades/KeyListener> and #include <bb/cascades/KeyEvent> is resolved or unresolved please? I also have using namespace bb::cascades;

I have been at this simple task of trying to import a keylistener for a few hours now.

Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Re: Unresolved Inclusion for bb/cascades/KeyEvent

Are you using the correct SDK version? It should be present in 10.1 (Beta SDK).

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Trusted Contributor
JohnWS

Thanks Zmey, 

Before I go beta, I have just gone to dl 10.1 and it says use gold for dev alpha a/b devices so I'm wondering if I'm actually trying to use the wrong classes.

I have a textfield and I want to listen to when it has been typed in to enable an actionitem - is KeyListener and KeyEvent what I should be looking at or is there something in Gold ndk that I could use?

Thank again.

Trusted Contributor
JohnWS

Sorted it - must have been tired last night and couldn't find onTextChanging() signal in Textfield.

Thanks again for helping Zmey.