Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
smdesai
My Device: None

Unresolved symbol errors when attempting to load Weather Guesser demo on 10.0.9.388

I get the following when attempting to load the Weather Guesser demo onto a Dev Alpha running 10.0.9.388 with Cascades Beta 3. It looks as if it's true for all the other Cascades-Samples apps.

ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_ZN2bb8cascades11QmlDocumentC1Ev" called from Executable

PVR:smileysad:Warning): InitContext: ignoring buffer type CBUF_TYPE_PDS_VERT_SECONDARY_PREGEN_BUFFER [778, /eglglue.c]

Any ideas?

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Unresolved symbol errors when attempting to load Weather Guesser demo on 10.0.9.388

Since my own apps failed with the same message, it looks clear that 10.0.9 simply breaks some things. I'm not sure of the specific cause of the above, but for one thing the specifics of QmlDocument::create and the following typical createRootNode (now createRootObject) have changed, so there are clear reasons for the breakage even if we haven't yet figured out the specifics.

Best suggestion for now that I have: build a new empty app using one of the templates (e.g. the basic Cascades "empty" app, which is just a Hello World), and observe the differences from how it was done before. Adjust your app to match and you should be good.

That said, I tried that with my test app and although the errors are gone, I'm getting a black screen and am slayed after the 30s timeout because no window gets posted. My next step will be to begin copying my code into the now-working Hello World/empty app, and once it fails I'll presumably have found the proximate cause of the problem... :-(

TL;DR: you're not alone.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
d3v3l0p3r
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook

Re: Unresolved symbol errors when attempting to load Weather Guesser demo on 10.0.9.388

I'm in the same boat, where my beta 2 project imported to beta 3 with all the API changes implemented (as per release notes) compiles fine but when I deploy to both Simulator and Dev Alpha device simply hangs on startup (bla ck screen) with zero logs in the console output. 

I started a new beta 3 template project and are moving all my code line by line (recompiling and running the app in each step) to see at which point it breaks - very painful process. Hope to finish before submission deadline next year. ;-)

Joy of developing to a beta SDK.

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Try opening a Terminal (SSH) in Momentics or through whatever means you use for that, and run "slog2info -w" before you launch the app.  It looks like most of the output that went to logs/log is going there now (effectively a RAM-drive /tmp file so it doesn't load flash so heavily, and for other reasons) so that may show you the immediate cause of the problem once you can find your output again.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Same here.

An empty sample project runs so i try to copy page by page into a new empty project to find the bug. 

Well, its still beta...

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

I had this error, I started from scratch and copied bit by bit to an empty project.

24 hours later (and three hours sleep)  I'm finally getting my app back to its original functionality.

It doesn't help that the IDE keeps crashing.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r

peter9477 wrote:

It looks like most of the output that went to logs/log is going there now (effectively a RAM-drive /tmp file so it doesn't load flash so heavily, and for other reasons) so that may show you the immediate cause of the problem once you can find your output again.

This seems like a significant change to the IDE and I cant understand why it is not mentioned int he Release Notes????

---
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

[ Edited ]

It is documented, it's just not obvious.

It's mentioned in the release notes as the first item under Known Limitations.

The qDebug() function

• In this release, the qDebug() function does not work the same way as it did in previous releases. Previously, when you used this function in your JavaScript/QML code, the function sent the debug information to the console, and you could view the information in the Console view in the IDE. Now, this function does not send output to the console. Instead, this function sends debug information to the slogger2 log.

To see debug information that is output from qDebug(), you need to access the slogger2 logs as follows:

1. In the IDE, in the Target Navigator view, right-click the device target. Click Launch SSH Session.
    2. In the terminal that appears, do one of the following:
         a. To view the current slogger2 logs, type slog2info.
         b. To view real-time output for the processes that are being debugged (for applications that are running in development mode), type slog2info -w.
         c. To view help information on slogger2, type slog2info -h.

You can also access the log files directly in the /tmp/slogger22 on the device and run these logs through slog2info at a later time.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r

[ Edited ]

I must have missed it! This is a good and very helpful. Thanks!

---
Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

OK, console.log() works within the SSH Session but i get myriads of messages like:

"Sep 26 21:37:41.195 com.example.PeriodicalTable.testDev_odicalTabledxxxxxx.xxxxx default 0 LGM - RENDER_BEGIN SINCE_LAST_RENDER_START: 29522960 ns" marked as "default"

whenever i press a button or a animation is rendered.

Not easy to find my messages between this "junk" anymore.

Is it possible to filter the log-messages coming from my qml/javascript (marked as qt-msg)?