Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Various
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Updating BBM status information programatically

I've had a look at the "bbmprofile" sample, and can see how it updates the "What's on your mind" personal message and the status "available / busy" flag and associated text, and at "bbmprofilebox" and can see that update information in the "apps" tab in BBM, and also per-app updates in there.  

However, I've also noticed that that's merely a subset of the posible updates that can take place.  For example, if the BB10 "Music" app is playing music, the personal message / status line in BBM will be updated with an icon indicating "playing music", together with the artist and track information.

Is there any kind of API for this?  I don't see anything immediately obvious on the native documentation or reference sections of "developer.blackberry.com".

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Updating BBM status information programatically

The media player integration with BBM is slightly different than what is available to third party applications.  You won't be able to mirror that functionality exactly.  The bbmprofile and bbmprofilebox samples demonstrate the types of notifications available to third party applications.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Various
My Carrier: O2

Re: Updating BBM status information programatically

Thanks Mark - we'll see what we can do with what we have available.