Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
wwwillem
My Carrier: none

Upgrade QNX Momentics Native SDK from 1.0.0 to 2.1

Trying to fix my PlayBook apps (developed in C with the Native SDK) to make them BB10 compatible.

I see plenty of instructions on how to install the 2.1 SDK, but all assume you are a new user / developer.

Because I have already version 1.0.0 of the development kit installed, I would more expect doing an upgrade than a fresh install.

There is a "Check for Upgrades" option in Momentics, but it asks for "Upgrade Sites" that I don't know about.

I'm hesitant to install the 2.1 version from scratch because it will probably overwrite / ignore / delete my existing projects.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chocolatemoose
My Carrier: None

Re: Upgrade QNX Momentics Native SDK from 1.0.0 to 2.1

Not sure if there's an official answer - but I've installed them both side-by-side on OSX and it seems to work fine. I made a copy of my Momentics project (not the source, just the project info), and then imported into that into a new workspace in the new verison. I can even have them both up and compiling at the same time.

The only hickup I hit was the the project lost the list of source code needed to compile the target. So (after many frustrated hours), I worked out I just had to re-add the source folder into Project Settings > Run/Debug Settings > Launch Configuration.

Please use plain text.