Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
nicklas
My Device: Torch, PlayBook and Dev Alpha

Upgrade to beta4 - 10.0.9.1101

Hi,

I have updated to beta4 with few changements. I have still resize my icons to 114x114.

So, I don't see real new features... only modifications for users and for developpers.

1°/

Unfortunatly, there is new issues and in particular in the ListView object. This object is fully bugged !

I have some items in double. So I add 10 items in my list, and I can have 18 items !

2°/

At last, now switch between tabs in slower than before. With beta3, it was quiet flow... now the UI is blocked :smileysad:

3°/

From the API, we can't know the SD-Card mount point... So I don't know to find the SD-Card ; and I can't test since I have the Dev Alpha A. If someone with a Dev Alpha B can bring me the answer :smileyhappy:

4°/

Invokation framework with an external URI doesn't work well...

Invokation query with URI : http://www.domain.tld/audio.mp3 & Mime-types: audio/mpeg doesn't return the mediaplayer. Whereas if I have URI : /accounts/...../audio.mp3 & Mime-types: audio/mpeg3 returns the mediaplayer.

=> If I invoke directly the mediaplayer with the URI and target sys.mediaplayer.previewer ; the mediaplayer streams my audio file... so it works well... so InvokeRequest should work :smileyhappy:

5°/

About BBM update profile permissions, if I disable the permissions (so forbid), my application can always change the personnal user message. And in the all cases I have always the popup to confirm the modification.

Also we can't really test the notifications system... since HUB is missing ; and notifications on home screen aren't displayed.

So, today my application has more issues than with the beta3... but the issues are in cascades framework. How can I submit my application to "built for BlackBerry" program with these issues ?

Nicolas

Developer
rcebryk
My Device: 9790

Re: Upgrade to beta4 - 10.0.9.1101

I've got one more issue: I cannot use SqlDataAccess

In Beta3 needed only to add LIBS += -lbbdata to the .pro file and add in header/source file: #include <bb/data/SqlDataAccess>

During compilation I've got a following error: target_10_0_9_1101/qnx6/usr/include/bb/data/SqlDataAccess.hpp:13:17: fatal error: QtSql: No such file or directory

It regards the #include <QtSql> file in SqlDataAccess.hpp file. Please advise if it is a bug or should I do something to correct this error?

Lublin BlackBerry Developer Group

---
If I helped you please mark my response as solution or "Like" it.
Developer
Developer
klz
My Device: Z10 LE + Playbook

At least you can use QML editor... because IDE crashes for me if I use beta 4. Will keep using beta 3. 

Thank you!
----------------------------
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
My Blog: http://bb10pro.com
Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

klzIt seems the frequency of crashes one can reduce by blocking workspace refreshing (Window->Preferences->General->Worspace->Refresh on access). At least for me this dramatically reduced the number of crushes. Before I had at least one in 5 min, now 4 hours, still without crashes :smileyhappy:

Developer
Developer
klz

Unfortunately doesn't work for me. My IDE crashes when I try to open a QML file to edit.

Thank you!
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
Developer
theappspod
My Device: Dev Alpha

I too have just updated to Beta 4 and the IDE freezes when loading any QML file!

Does everyone have this issue?

Developer
theappspod
My Device: Dev Alpha

Ok I now have the QML editor working.

I am running on Windows 8. To fix I edited the properties of the SDK installation exe and set compatibility mode to Windows 7. I then ran the installation again but this time I ran it as administrator.  This seems to have worked.  For those of you on windows 7 just try re-installing but running the installation exe as administrator.

Developer
Developer
klz

I'm using Mac, so this helped me:

Try to install beta 4 in different folder (do not use a default one, where you already have beta 3). I"ve just done that and QML editor works fine for me. 

Thank you!
Developer
d3v3l0p3r
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook

rcebryk wrote:

I've got one more issue: I cannot use SqlDataAccess

In Beta3 needed only to add LIBS += -lbbdata to the .pro file and add in header/source file: #include <bb/data/SqlDataAccess>

During compilation I've got a following error: target_10_0_9_1101/qnx6/usr/include/bb/data/SqlDataAccess.hpp:13:17: fatal error: QtSql: No such file or directory

It regards the #include <QtSql> file in SqlDataAccess.hpp file. Please advise if it is a bug or should I do something to correct this error?

Have you been able to resolve this particular problem?

As soon as I add 

#include <bb/data/SqlDataAccess>

I get the following error when compiling:

C:/bbndk/target_10_0_9_1101/qnx6/usr/include/bb/data/SqlDataAccess.hpp:13:17: fatal error: QtSql: No such file or directory

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Developer
rcebryk
My Device: 9790

The only solution I found is going back to Beta 3.. It works correctly there.

Lublin BlackBerry Developer Group

---
If I helped you please mark my response as solution or "Like" it.