Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
gpatton
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Upgraded app not showing up on BBWorld

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct subform to ask this. But I uploaded my new bar file (version 1.1.0.36) and it still hasn't shown up on BBWorld. I uploaded it on Sunday. It was approved (got an email) at 12.45AM Eastern time. That was about 17 hours ago. It's now 6.35PM Eastern Time, and I see no upgrade notifications on my BlackBerry. 

Even going to my app's page from the BBWorld app on my Z10, doesn't show me the new updated version.

The vendor portal says "Approved", but I have no idea whats going on.

When I first uploaded my first version, I had to go in and manually "Post it for sale". I haven't had to do this, this time around. I'm guessing that was just for the initial release?

Thanks.

G

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Upgraded app not showing up on BBWorld

Did you go to My World and click "Check for Updates" in the BB World app?

Did you check the BB World web site to see what it shows the latest version and release date to be?

(Both of those may shed some light on this.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

[ Edited ]

I went to My World and clicked on "Check for Updates". Nothing showed up.

I went to the BBWorld website, and it shows the latest (second release) version that I intended to release, i.e. the latest - 1.1.0.36

So its just not trickling down to BBWorld app (My World). I deleted the app from my Z10, and tried re-downloading, but it still downloads the old first release - v1.0.3

Wonder why...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Can you post the app id here, or name, so others can try it?

Judging by your carrier (Rogers) you're in Canada. So am I, so maybe I won't see it either...

It does take up to 24h to propagate through the system, and I suspect even longer for your device to get around to issuing the notification (though a manual check for updates would show it even before that). Possibly by tomorrow you'll just magically see it finally appear.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

It showed up eventually. THanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.