Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10

[Urgent] SimCardInfo Permission denied even with read_device_identifying_information enabled and checked

[ Edited ]

As subject, i have added the read_device_identifying_information permission to my app ands granted (i checked the settings >> apps >> permissions)

However, it throws an error on SimCardInfo - failed to open restricte PPS object: "Permission Denied"

Does the SimCardInfo not work on simulator, or am i missing any other permission? The docs only mentioned read_device_identifying_information as the required permission. 

EDIT 1 : Doesnt work on device with sim card included, i wonder if all the docs are verified and tested...

Developer

Re: [Urgent] SimCardInfo Permission denied even with read_device_identifying_information enabled and checked

Doesnt work on device with sim card included, i wonder if all the docs are verified and tested...

Developer

Re: [Urgent] SimCardInfo Permission denied even with read_device_identifying_information enabled and checked

Anyone? 

Developer

^

New Developer

Hi,

I want to get SIM serial number programatically for BB10 device. 

I already set same as below:

===============

I have added the read_device_identifying_information permission to my app ands granted (i checked the settings >> apps >> permissions)

However, it throws an error on SimCardInfo - failed to open restricte PPS object: "Permission Denied"

======

Any one able to get SIM serial number e.g.?

SimCardInfo simcardinfo;

serialnumber = simcardinfo.serialNumber());

=======

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Devendra

Developer

Hey seems that that error means that the sim has some security to prevent you from viewing too much information such as phone number.

Normally, if you go to Settings > About > SIM, you will see your phone number attached to the SIM card, however if you get that Permission Denied Error like me when you redo the steps you can only get the ICCID (Serial Number) of the SIM

I got that Permission Denied error to but I am still able to retrieve the MCC, MNC, and Serial Number of the SIM (ICCID) on the Device.

Make sure the SimCardState is 5. (Ready) 

Hope that helps you