If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
esam_tec
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Use Paypal purchase in App.

Hello Guys,

Can i implement in App purchase using paypal ?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Developer
Benecore
My Device: Q10, Z10LE, Nokia N950, DAB....
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Use Paypal purchase in App.

Of course you can

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/paymentservice/index....

If helped give a like. If your problem was solved mark the post as "Solution"
Portfolio: BlackBerry Nokia
Social: Twitter | Facebook
About Me / Blog DevPDA | Blog
Please use plain text.
Developer
esam_tec
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

thanks for your reply,

I need a way to sell product with out adding it to BlackBerry ID (Products that exist on a web site)

regards,

Please use plain text.
Developer
Benecore

Yop, isn't possible, i think. Only if you have an API from web with paypal calls, etc...

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

I disagree. Integrating PayPal IS possible. I would not recommend using the API. You can use simple buy now buttons, and get PayPal purchase urls.

Here's how: 

1) Make a list of products for sale

2) Link each product item to PayPal buy link

3) Integrate into your app using a webview.

Integration:

Setup

List

NavigationPane

Page (with WebView)

Click product -> push Checkout page to NavigationPane. Process payment. Monitor WebView URL (success or failure), pop Checkout page.

Best of luck!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Benecore

[ Edited ]

For me, it was not possible because it is the same as the open web browser, but for  it is maybe the workaround :smileywink:

Anyway thank you for this

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I don't think any of the other responders picked up on this, but if I understand you correctly then you would be violating BlackBerry terms and conditions by accepting any in-app payments that don't come through BlackBerry World. Just like Apple and Google, BlackBerry will remove any apps it finds that are accepting "back-door" payments. They didn't build this vendor gateway so you can publish your free app and then sneak money in the back way... they built it so they could take a cut of all income produced by BlackBerry apps.

However you feel about this business model, if you are trying to have users pay you directly via PayPal for products or services they locate with your app, then you are not only "cheating" in BlackBerry's eyes, but you will probably get your application yanked, if it ever makes it onto BW in the first place.

If I have misunderstood what you meant by your question, then please accept my apologies and good luck!

:Balloon:

esam_tec wrote:

thanks for your reply,

I need a way to sell product with out adding it to BlackBerry ID (Products that exist on a web site)

regards,

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

You are mistaken. The CrackBerry.com app actually uses this method. They have a "store" in the app. That is linked to an external checkout process. Their app has not been yanked. Zara, eBay are other well known apps who have their own checkout processes.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I went back and checked the vendor agreement, and it looks like you are correct... I think. You can generate "Secondary Revenue" from your app, but you are then contractually bound to turn over 30% of it to RIME, which is to say... BlackBerry.

2.23 “Secondary Revenue” means all revenue received by Vendor with respect to an Application in relation to use of the Application subsequent to its distribution through a RIME Store and any updates or upgrades thereto (whether distributed through a RIME Store by RIME or otherwise), with respect to any product, service, content, or functionality made available within or by an Application, but excluding: (a) taxes, refunds, and chargebacks; (b) any amounts payable by or on behalf of End Users for Transactions; (c) any revenue derived from the sale of products, content or services that are not used in conjunction with a BlackBerry device (for example physical goods); and (d) any advertising revenue derived from an Application. 

5.1 Secondary Revenue Fee 

Vendor shall pay to RIME thirty percent (30%) of Secondary Revenue (which excludes amounts payable by or on behalf of End Users for Transactions) on a calendar quarterly basis in arrears, payable within thirty (30) days of the end of each calendar quarter (the “Secondary Revenue Fee”). Vendor shall provide to RIME a monthly report outlining calculation of the Secondary Revenue Fee for the applicable month in accordance with United States generally accepted accounting principles. Vendor shall pay the Secondary Revenue Fee in United States dollars by wire transfer as directed by RIME to Vendor in writing (or as otherwise directed by RIME from time to time). Taxes relating to the Secondary Revenue Fee shall be governed by Section 3.1 of Schedule 2. 

In any case, it looks like I stand corrected. Once again BlackBerry shows themselves to be more fair to their developers than the iGreedy corporation is.

:Detective:

greenback wrote:

You are mistaken. The CrackBerry.com app actually uses this method. They have a "store" in the app. That is linked to an external checkout process. Their app has not been yanked. Zara, eBay are other well known apps who have their own checkout processes.

:smileyhappy:

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob
My Device: Developer

I wonder if CB reports their secondary revenue and remits back 30% to BBRY,  CB sure could based upon the surcharge they place on orders destined for Canada

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.