Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
gonish
My Device: Blackberry Developer

Use of Qt components in Cascades

Hello,

1. Can anybody tell that how to use Qt Quick UI code in cascades?

2. I want to customize UI components. Means when we click button in cascade, it's colour becomes blue. But I want it as yellow after clicked. Can anybody give me solution? 

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Use of Qt components in Cascades

1. you cannot mix and match QtQuick and cascades, both are UI libraries for Qt

2. write a custom component. But be aware that users usually like to have a consistent experience.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
gonish
My Device: Blackberry Developer

1. Actually I want to create continuous flip of image as like this : http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qml-flipable.html in cascades. But I do not get any thing like this in cascades. So please guide me to create such flip in cascades.

2. Is there any link which guide me to customise the controls as per requirements? Or any sample code? Please share with me.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

On the code side you can use CustomControl

Otherwise you usually use Containers and other base elements to create the effect you want. 9-slice images can also add some nifty effects.

Regarding the flip control: You would have to do that yourself, too. Fortunately Cascades has very good explicit animation control. I would suggest to check out the related sample applications.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter