Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

VS2010 native plugin problems

Hi

I'm having trouble getting this working - i'm not sure its installing correctly. It allows me to create "blackberry" and "blackberrysimulator" platform configurations, but i seem to be missing the "blackberry" menu refered to in the documentation - and I don't seem to be able to change build settings anywhere else(project and solution properties dilaogs give no options at all)

Running VS2010 Professional on Win7 64.

Is there any way to verify this is installed correctly? Any suggestions to get it working are much appreciated!

Daniel

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

Re: VS2010 native plugin problems

I can confirm that I see the BlackBerry menu item but I cannot make the plugin work anyway. Probably it didn't install properly for you.

Contributor

Hmmm. Thanks for the reply. Have tried reinstalling multiple times (and "running as admin" etc) . Not sure what i'm doing wrong...

Contributor

ok, familar old problem... the installer assumed my VS installation was on C drive, but it isn't.... manually moving the files it put on C seems to have at least got project settings/menu to appear.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hi Daniel...

Can you please provide the following infomation??

Are you using Visual Studio 2010 Professional??  Or some other version??

Thanks

Dave

===========================================================================
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

David Burgess
Team Lead, IDE Extensions Team
Research In Motion

Contributor

Hi

Yeah VS2010 proessional on windows 7 64 bit. Tried reinstalling several times.

The problem was the plugin/extension files were getting installed in Program Files on the C: drive (was the VS path hardcoded in the installer?), and my VS installation is on my E drive. I manually moved them and that fixed it.

Right now, after a few settings related hiccups, i've got my project compiling but having problems linking dependant projects... will see if i can make some progress on that today.

Developer
My Carrier: Blackberry

I've found the "link depentent projects" appears to do nothing. It does not add the dependent projects directory to the command line, nor does it add the dependent library to the project.

I had to manually add the lib dir and and lib iteself to the project properties.

Steve.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven Haggerty,
Rubicon Development ( http://www.rubicondev.com/ )