Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: BB10 Alpha Device
My Carrier: none

VS2010 plugin TargetPath issue

Hi, I'm having issues compiling my game with the vs2010 plugin.

I can't start to compile since the compiler is complaining that the TargetPath doesn't match the Linker's OutputFile.  The problem seems to be that I've customized OutDir, TargetName and TargetExt, yet TargetPath is being set to the equivalent of the default values for each of those settings.

Here are truncated errors:
Static library -> TargetPath(E:\Dev\ProjectSliders\Framework\MyFramework\Device-Debug\libMyFramework.a) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (E:\Dev\ProjectSliders\GameSliders\Output\BlackBerry\libMyFramework\Debug\MyFramework_Debug.a).

Game code(final link) -> TargetPath(E:\Dev\ProjectSliders\GameSliders\Sliders\Device-Debug\DownWords) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (E:\Dev\ProjectSliders\GameSliders\Output\BlackBerry\DownWords\Debug\DownWords_Debug.exe).

In the case of my game project, the Linker's OutputFile almost matches my setting of "$(OutDir)$(TargetName)$(TargetExt)", it's actually tacking on a ".exe" for $(TargetExt) even though my target extension is blank, but the TargetPath resolves to completely different values including "Device-Debug" which it seems to have pulled out of a hat.

In the case of the static library, the Linker's OutputFile seems to have tacked a "lib" to the front of the project name and again, the TargetPath values don't correlate at all to any of my settings.

Any ideas?  I'll hold off moving to the VS2010 for the time being and continue to work in QDE, but I'd love to roll one more platform into visual studio.