Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
sagenth
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Visual Studio 2013 RC2 - BlackBerry Native Plug-In

[ Edited ]

The BlackBerry Native Plugin v2.0 for Visual Studio 2013 doesn't appear to function, at least not as indicated in the help documentation, on my development computer.

I am wondering if anybody else has troubles with this. I had tried for about a week to get it working a month or two ago, but to no avail. I found this article http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Visual-Studio-Plugin-2-0-does-not-show-up-...

Not entirely sure how I could have missed it the first time.

If somebody can get me up and running I'd really appreciate it. The plugin installs perfectly fine as far as I can tell. I moved the directories from that discussion above into the actual installation. As it was before the add-in manager shows the plugin is available. I should probably do a search for visual studio 2013's addin manager to see if there is anything beyond the simplistic window it shows. It only specifies whether it is installed and whether the startup is checked.

I could use some suggestions, to help get me on the right train of thought.

New Developer
sagenth
My Device: Q10

Re: Visual Studio 2013 RC2 - BlackBerry Native Plug-In

Created a junction in Program Files(x86) and had it link to the installation directory. Reinstalled and it worked. A lot easier to fix once you learn it doesn't install to the installation directory but rather the default installation directory.