Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
rknoesel
My Device: BB10 Alpha Device

Visual Studio Plugin Issues / Questions

Hello.

Today I tried out the Visual Studio plugin for BB10 Native Development, and ran into some issues that I'm hoping can be resolved:

1. Command-line arguments - I currently don't see a way I can provide command-line args to the app when debugging or running.  Is this supported?  If so, how?
  2. Debug output - In Eclipse I can view stdout in the console window, but in VS I don't see this anywhere.  What is the best way to view log output using VS?
  3. Debugging static libraries - Debugging code within the main executable works, but setting a breakpoint inside a static library or stepping into a static library crashes Visual Studio.  After this crash, I need to clean out the Device-Debug folder before I can debug again.
  4. Multi-processor compiling (something akin to /MP) - Just like in Eclipse, this doesn't seem to be supported.  Am I missing something?
  5. Precompile headers - This also does not seem to be supported.  Is that correct?

I would say issues 1-3 are pretty much deal-killers for the plugin.  Hopefully there are solutions for these.  Issues 4-5 would be nice to have resolved, but the current state is workable... although compile times are pretty long compared to our other platforms (~15mins vs ~1min on an i7).

Cheers,

Ralf

Vector Unit Inc