Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE
Accepted Solution

Visual Studio Plugin

Do you have any success with the new Visual Studio plugin???

Please use plain text.
Developer
MikePembo951
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Visual Studio Plugin

would like to know this too.  Is it any good? (Is it reliable?)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam

I cannot make it do anything. I get errors:

Error    2    error MSB3073: The command "C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/host/win32/x86\usr\bin\make all" exited with code 2.    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\BlackBerry\Microsoft.Cpp.BlackBerry.Targets    140    6    BBTests
Message    118    Could not find schema information for the attribute 'Condition'.    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\BlackBerry\Microsoft.Cpp.BlackBerry.Targets    115    32    Miscellaneous Files

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
dburgess
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Zingam

I was wondering if you could let me know the following:

1) Are you building in Release or Debug mode??

2) Could you paste the entire text from your output window?

Thanks

Dave

===========================================================================
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

David Burgess
Team Lead, IDE Extensions Team
Research In Motion

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam

Debug mode:

1>------ Build started: Project: BBTests, Configuration: Debug BlackBerry ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\ndk-2.1.0-workspace\BBTests\BBTests\Device-Debug\BBTests) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\ndk-2.1.0-workspace\BBTests\BBTests\Device-Debug\BBTests.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>  qcc -o C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/DEVICE~1/BBTests  ./main.o   -V"4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le" -lang-c++ -g -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -L"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\armle-v7\lib" -L"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\..\target-override\armle-v7\lib" -L"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\..\target-override\armle-v7\usr\lib" 
1>  ./main.o: In function `handle_screen_event':
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:16: undefined reference to `screen_event_get_event'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:17: undefined reference to `screen_get_event_property_iv'
1>  ./main.o: In function `handle_navigator_event':
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:37: undefined reference to `bps_event_get_code'
1>  ./main.o: In function `handle_event':
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:57: undefined reference to `bps_get_event'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:60: undefined reference to `bps_event_get_domain'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:61: undefined reference to `navigator_get_domain'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:63: undefined reference to `screen_get_domain'
1>  ./main.o: In function `main':
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:80: undefined reference to `screen_create_context'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:81: undefined reference to `screen_create_window'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:82: undefined reference to `screen_set_window_property_iv'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:83: undefined reference to `screen_create_window_buffers'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:85: undefined reference to `screen_get_window_property_pv'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:86: undefined reference to `screen_get_window_property_iv'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:90: undefined reference to `screen_fill'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:91: undefined reference to `screen_post_window'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:94: undefined reference to `bps_initialize'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:95: undefined reference to `screen_request_events'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:96: undefined reference to `navigator_request_events'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:104: undefined reference to `screen_stop_events'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:105: undefined reference to `bps_shutdown'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:106: undefined reference to `screen_destroy_window'
1>  C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp:107: undefined reference to `screen_destroy_context'
1>  cc: C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/ntoarm-ld caught signal 1
1>  x86\usr\bin\make: *** [BBTests] Error 1
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\BlackBerry\Microsoft.Cpp.BlackBerry.Targets(140,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/host/win32/x86\usr\bin\make all" exited with code 2.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Release mode:

1>------ Build started: Project: BBTests, Configuration: Release BlackBerry ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\ndk-2.1.0-workspace\BBTests\BBTests\Device-Release\BBTests) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\ndk-2.1.0-workspace\BBTests\BBTests\Device-Release\BBTests.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>  qcc -o main.o C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/main.cpp -V"4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le" -c -Wp,-MMD,main.d -Wp,-MT,main.o -w1 -lang-c++ -fno-rtti -fexceptions -fstack-protector-all -I"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\usr\include" -I"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\usr\include\freetype2" -I"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\..\target-override\usr\include" -I"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\usr\include\cpp" -I"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\usr\include\cpp\c" -DQCC -D__QCC__ -D__QNX__ -UWIN32 -U_WINDOWS 
1>  qcc -o C:/NDK-21~1.0-W/BBTests/BBTests/DEVICE~2/BBTests  ./main.o   -V"4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le" -lang-c++ -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -L"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\armle-v7\lib" -L"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\..\target-override\armle-v7\lib" -L"C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/target/qnx6\..\target-override\armle-v7\usr\lib" 
1>  ./main.o: In function `handle_screen_event(bps_event_t*)':
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x24): undefined reference to `screen_event_get_event'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x40): undefined reference to `screen_get_event_property_iv'
1>  ./main.o: In function `handle_navigator_event(bps_event_t*)':
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x100): undefined reference to `bps_event_get_code'
1>  ./main.o: In function `handle_event()':
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x1bc): undefined reference to `bps_get_event'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x208): undefined reference to `bps_event_get_domain'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x214): undefined reference to `navigator_get_domain'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `screen_get_domain'
1>  ./main.o: In function `main':
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x2fc): undefined reference to `screen_create_context'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x310): undefined reference to `screen_create_window'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `screen_set_window_property_iv'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x338): undefined reference to `screen_create_window_buffers'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x350): undefined reference to `screen_get_window_property_pv'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x36c): undefined reference to `screen_get_window_property_iv'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x39c): undefined reference to `screen_fill'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x3c0): undefined reference to `screen_post_window'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x3c4): undefined reference to `bps_initialize'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x3d0): undefined reference to `screen_request_events'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x3d8): undefined reference to `navigator_request_events'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x408): undefined reference to `screen_stop_events'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x40c): undefined reference to `bps_shutdown'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x418): undefined reference to `screen_destroy_window'
1>  main.cpp:(.text+0x424): undefined reference to `screen_destroy_context'
1>  cc: C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/ntoarm-ld caught signal 1
1>  x86\usr\bin\make: *** [BBTests] Error 1
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\BlackBerry\Microsoft.Cpp.BlackBerry.Targets(140,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:/bbndk-2.1.0-beta1/host/win32/x86\usr\bin\make all" exited with code 2.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Please use plain text.
Developer
Bullety
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same problem here.

Trying to build an application (Demo Project by RIM) which builds successfully with the QNX IDE but I get the same undefined reference errors which Zingam gets.

Beside that, the fact that you cannot doubleclick errors in the output to jump to the error location does really break the workflow.

When you doubleclick errors, the only thing that happens is that the file with the error is opening.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
dburgess
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Zingam...

It appears that you haven't declared the additional depencies required for the project to Link correctly.   If you right click on your project and then select the Properties menu item.. it will bring up the Property Pages Window for your project.   If you expand the Configuration Properties tree on the left.. you will see a section for Linker->Input and in there a property called Additional Depencies.  In here you need to specify the various libraries that your project will need to compile successfully.  For instance from your listing of the output it statest that your have an undefined reference to 'screen_events_get_event'   For this you need to reference the 'screen' library. 

This is done by either listing the libraries with a semi-colon delimited string.. IE (bps;screen;freetype) or by usuing the editor which will allow you to enter these one per line.

Please see the following pages for reference to other common libraries...   

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/to...

Talk soon..

Dave

===========================================================================
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

David Burgess
Team Lead, IDE Extensions Team
Research In Motion

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the additional 'missing' instructions.

Now after a successful first launch in release mode, I get for every consecutive attempt: 1>BBSIGNER : error : Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed. Why is that so? I have deleted the Device-Release folder and I still get that error.

Please use plain text.