Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
dpcdpc11
My Device: Playbook

Watermark on all 4 corners of my Playbook...

Here's my issue which I can't fix whatsoever!

After updating to the lastest beta of Blackberry OS 2.0.0.7111 and starting up an Android apps, the Playbook froze and after a few minutes restarted. But after restarting I had the unpleasent surprise to see on my Playbook's screen 4 watermarks in all four corners displaying my email, the word "BETA" and my PIN.

Now how do I remove this watermark without reseting my playbook to factory settings?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Watermark on all 4 corners of my Playbook...

This has been reported by several others but without anyone knowing exactly what the cause is yet.

The "watermark" is apparently intended to protect against internal betas being leaked, but obviously it's being triggered incorrectly in some cases.

The recommended (and confirmed) fix is to do a "debrick". If you don't know what that is, one post here describes it briefly: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-tablet-os-f228/safe-mode-690420/#post7047790

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dpcdpc11

thanks for the quick reply... I know the link you sent me, that's where I'm coming from.

But as I said before, I need a solution that won't reset the playbook to defaults. And debricking the playbook will erease everything... and heck, I don't want that!

And it's **bleep** annoying these 4 watermarks on the screen.

No BB support team members around here?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

It's a developer beta, so I suspect the advice you'd get from RIM would be "do a debrick or security wipe".

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dpcdpc11

yeah.. best solution always the simplest... but how about a smart and complicated solution for a chance? which would allow me to keep all the data intact... anyone up for the challenge?
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

You're using a beta, this is one of the consequences of that choice.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.