Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
RSperanza
My Device: Z10

Re: Wave file not playing (no sound) using OpenAl when multimedia AudioRecorder is running in a thread

I suspect everything using the Cascades control is auto-muting so you probably cannot use it.  I have a Qt wrapper for the native camera capture API that might help here.  I was planning to include it in my open source library in a future release.  I will see if I can integrate it into the PullMyBeard sample as an alternative to recording with OpenAL (you don't need to record with OpenAL when you record with the camera API) and see if that helps and then post an updated PulMyBeard sampe to GitHub in my repo.  In your code, you should enable one capture mechanism or the other depending on user input (not both at the same time).   Give me a couple of days or so and I should have an updated sample app to pull down with the capture code in it.

Developer
bb10H36

Re: Wave file not playing (no sound) using OpenAl when multimedia AudioRecorder is running in a thread

Yes, recording mode is already user selectable. I'll just copy code into video routine or replace routine whatever works best.

RSperanza

Hi.

Sorry for the delayed followup.  It appears that the native camera API is also muting audio playback.  I'm trying to get in touch with someone on the QNX audio team to get more info about a workaround but I haven't heard back from him yet.

RSperanza

Hi.

Sorry again for the delayed followup.  Find a solution to this issue has been a challenge.

It looks like even with my sample app changes, OpenAL is not a good solution for playing the sounds for video recording.  mmrender works best with an audio output of audio:multimedia. 

I haven't modified my sample app to try this yet, but I will do so within the next few days so I expect to have something available by early next week.

Developer
bb10H36

Great, I will test new approach as soon as I have access to example.

Developer
bb10H36

Any progress on this haven't had any news for awhile!

RSperanza

I saw that there was a new message and I quickly put together a new sound manager that uses mm-render and the audio type that audio team instructed me to use does not work.  I am going to contact the person I know on the team to find out what I should try next.

Developer
bb10H36

Are there any changes in 10.3 that would get me around this problem?