Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

WebView rendering glitches flashing, visual tearing etc.

I've used a WebView in a few of my Cascades applications (only tested on my DevAlpha) and I notice after some usage (15seconds to 10 minutes) that the graphical display rendering starts choking up and rendering starts flashing an or displaying checkered patterns.

If I run the same content in a webview in adobe air I don't have any issues.

Is this just an issue on the dev alpha? But OK on BB10?

I'm ok with applying some sort of "reset" to the webview if it helps... I'm just not seeing something like this in the API.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?... Any magic workarounds? (Or does anyone know if this issue is resolved on the final devices?

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: WebView rendering glitches flashing, visual tearing etc.

I have only seen this on built in browser app but not in the webview within the application. latest OS update is installed and have not seen it before that
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WebView rendering glitches flashing, visual tearing etc.

The issue appears to have fixed itself in the latest post-launch version of the OS on the Dev Alpha.

Consider the issue resolved now.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****