Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
gurbir93
My Device: Z10

Webview Context Menu

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

I am reatively new in the app development and need some help. I am making an app in which each item of listview corresponds to an image file opening up in a webview. When you tap and hold on the image, it gives me the choice of sharing it, saving it or setting it as BBM, Contact picture etc. And it works perfectly.

But the problem is, if i save (or share) one of the pictures and then go back  to any other picture in the list, all the functions in the context menu stop working....it just keeps on showing the activity indicator.

If i restart the app, it works again only for the first time.

If anyone could help me with this, I would be really greatful.

Thanx

Developer
lewellyn
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A

Re: Webview Context Menu

This appears to be one of the many failures in WebView. One of the most fun related to what you see is trying to set an image as the background picture... :smileysad:

My personal advice is that if you can get by without using WebView, even if it seems like more work, do it. Right now, WebView has too many bugs to wholeheartedly recommend using it. :smileysad: (And new ones in 10.1, it appears...)

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy:
New Contributor
gurbir93

Do you know any other way of showing an image with all those features, witout using webview?

New Contributor
gurbir93

Can some please help me with a workaround my problem??? Pleaseee

Developer
lewellyn
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A

I apologize. Somehow I missed that you responded to this thread. ;(

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__imageview.html

Does ImageView do what you want? ImageView::setImageSource takes a QUrl, so I'd think it can do network requests if you have access_internet permission.

If it doesn't work, I'll see if I can't whip something up as a demo.

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy: