Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
emansfield
My Device: Z30
Accepted Solution

What is a.le-v7?

When I create a cascades library project in Momentics I get two new folders in the arm folder: a.le-v7 and a.le-v7-g.  a.le-v7-g contains a file called <mylibrary>.a.

Can somebody tell me what these folders and files contains and what they are used for.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: What is a.le-v7?

[ Edited ]

They are the folders where the ARM code is stored.

.A or A. in this case usually indicates a library (When you see .O or O. it's an object)

LE for little endian

v7 is the architecture version of the ARM code

g indicates whether debugging info (i.e. symbols etc.) is included

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
emansfield

So, does the .a library file need to be made accessible to applications using the library? Defined in the bar-descriptor or .pro file, etc.?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

In a word yes.

Take a look at this section here and then read the KB articles linked in the Related Resources section for a better understanding of different ways of linking libraries and how to do so...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/dev/tools/projects.html#createacascade...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
emansfield

I have read the suggested articles and followed the instructions, but I keep getting the following errors about undefined staticMetaObjects when trying to link my app with the library.  There is obviously something wrong in my build configuration, either for the library or for the app, but I can't figure out what the error or omission is.

These are the errors I am getting:

o.le-v7-g/.obj/applicationui.o: In function `int qmlRegisterType<CameraScannerControl>(char const*, int, int, char const*)':
C:\momentics-workspace\Barcode4business\arm/../../../bbndk/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative/qdeclarative.h:162: undefined reference to `CameraScannerControl::staticMetaObject'
C:\momentics-workspace\Barcode4business\arm/../../../bbndk/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative/qdeclarative.h:162: undefined reference to `CameraScannerControl::staticMetaObject'
C:\momentics-workspace\Barcode4business\arm/../../../bbndk/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative/qdeclarative.h:188: undefined reference to `CameraScannerControl::staticMetaObject'
C:\momentics-workspace\Barcode4business\arm/../../../bbndk/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative/qdeclarative.h:188: undefined reference to `CameraScannerControl::staticMetaObject'
o.le-v7-g/.obj/applicationui.o: In function `QDeclarativeElement':
C:\momentics-workspace\Barcode4business\arm/../../../bbndk/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative/qdeclarativeprivate.h:87: undefined reference to `CameraScannerControl::CameraScannerControl(bb::cascades::Container*)'

Do you have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
emansfield

P.S. I don't see any references to the .a library archive file in the library creation instructions, so I'm still not sure where this comes into play.

Please use plain text.