Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
plungeint
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

What is the "empty" folder, and how does it works

Hi,

I see that my native project has a folder called "empty". I'd like to know how does it works, since I have a reference in the bar-descriptor.xml file to it, that raises a warning.

This line:

<asset path="empty/../../../CocosDenshion/proj.qnx/Device-Release/libCocosDenshion.so" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libCocosDenshion.so</asset>

raises the warning:

Source file of asset "lib/libCocosDenshion.so" does not exist.    bar-descriptor.xml   

It is a cocos2dx project, and the .so file exists, but not in the "empty" folder (that is actually empty). Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Developer
HorizonXP
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What is the "empty" folder, and how does it works

That's very weird. I haven't used the cocos libraries, but I would check that entry in your bar-descriptor.xml to point to the correct location of the library.

The bar-descriptor tells your application where to find certain files. The packager also uses this information to ensure that the files are included in the package it creates. When your app is run, the file (in your case, the library) is loaded based on the locations specified by the bar-descriptor. 

Hope that helps a bit.

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
plungeint

the solution was to just create that folder and put the file there... open source libraries sometimes have this kind of problems and lack of documentation...

Please use plain text.
Developer
HorizonXP
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Or that. :-P

Personally though, I don't like the idea of having a folder named empty. I would just modify the locations. 

Also, you could update their documentation and/or file a bug report with them. Open source communities love feedback.

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
plungeint

there is an empty folder in every cocos2d-x project :-) I give them feedback in their forum. I'm experimenting with the technology. It's nice since it's very cross-platform, but the forums no are very active, and support/documentation is something very important for me...
Please use plain text.