Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Where can I find code snippets examples?

Can anyone tell me if there's a place where I can find snippets and samples demonstrating aspects of using the NDK APIs? In particular is there a demo app using orientation API events.

I am attempting to create a ActionScriopt Native Extension and to this end I have implemented a HelloWorld extention. I have located the appropriate API docs for orientation events but I need some help in shortening my learning curve - so some concrete examples would be very helpful.

Developer
wwwillem
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Where can I find code snippets examples?

Looking for the same, with Android there is a ton of sample apps. Seems to be lacking for the PB native NDK.

However, for orientation you should check out the "FallingBlocks" example. It has all the API you need.

If someone can help with an example for getting Location (GPS) data, I would really appreciate it.

Retired
davidcummings
My Device: Bold 9800

There are many samples available at http://blackberry.github.com/ndk/samples.html (including geolocation)

Developer
wwwillem
My Device: PlayBook

thanks David, exactly what I was looking for !!

Contributor
firstLeaf
My Device: curve 8530

Exactly what i was looking For as well.  I'm trying to figure out how to send information between my laptop and blackberry phone.  There are java samples in my eclipse on how to do this. However they are in Java which I don't exactly understand yet or care that much.  My idea is to learn how to this in the Tablet in C++.  And once I can do it there, I will be better prepared to do it on the smartphone in java.   

I know c++ very well.  But some of the API commands are so hard to understand.  Can I get an opensource browser on my blackberry smart phone?  Or is the current blackberry browser that I run on it closed?  How can I get into the JavaScript that I know runs in the web pages of my smartphone browser? I just basically whant to do something like monitoring a RSS feed on a website.  And depending on the feed update, send an alert to my phone.