Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
ondrejandrej
My Device: Dev Alpha + Z10
My Carrier: I carry it myself.

Where can I find "utilities"?

What's the purpose of "Utilities" section in SDK documentation? Many of the documented commands are present neither on the host computer with BB NDK installation, nor on the target (I tried it via ssh). I searched fdisk, addvariant and applypatch, neither of which are available (of course I ran bbndk-env.bat before).

It's very annoying to read the documentation and not know, which of it is true.

SQL Terminal – command-line interface to local SQLite database
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Where can I find "utilities"?

The documentation comes originally from QNX where those utilities would be available. It's unfortunate that they haven't been kept synchronized with the evolution of BB10 so that they more accurately reflect what's available to us. I'm not sure of a solution but you might want to follow a bug report in the issue tracker noting the issue, identifying some of the missing utilities, and asking that they find a way to mechanically fix things by checking the docs against the latest release of BB10 and automatically removing anything that's missing. (Doing it manually would seem to be a bit inefficient, as would having us report each case that we find.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.