Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Where to put BBM?

My app writes to the users profile, and you can share the app with your contacts.

I'm not sure where to put this functionality in my app.

Should I have a BBM or Share button in my nav and when clicked allows a user to connect to BBM and either share the app or write a message to profile?

Or should I have random dialogs that appear, say after you have done something in the app saying something like:

"Great! Why not post this to BBM" 

-Post - Cancel

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Where to put BBM?

If you are going to post to the users profile bbm handles the popup case where it asks the user to confirm.

But if you really want to just share you app with a users contact, there are API's to share the app with contacts. It will send an invitation to download/link to the bbm contact they choose. Thatd probably be a better thing to use.
Like all of my posts
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Where to put BBM?

I think you have misunderstood the question. I know about teh API etc and already have that in place. I'm just wondering where in my app I should place the "share this app with your friends on bbm" button?

Should I have a seperate nav button for BBM? What is everyone else doing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone