Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Wind
Accepted Solution

Which Audio Library

I am planning to make an applicaiton involving the recording and playing of audio, I have been to the website and many options from libasound to openAL and SDL are options for incorporating sound into an app. Of these, which do you personally prefer and which would meet these criteria:

1: allows changes in volume, frequency

2: has methods to report back on recorded sound, frequency for example, in real time.

3: supports different formats, wav, mp3, etc.

As always thanks guys. I know it isn't a specific technical issue but I would really appreciate your honest opinions and advice.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mgoulet
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Which Audio Library

Hi,

I am unfamiliar with Audio libraries myself, but you can always ping other community members on the board that have posted related topics, such as vingilot;

Martin

Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Wind

Thanks! I'm going to let it slide that that is also me aha, it is really my fault for asking too many similar questions. I will close this thread as it has been a while with no response and the issue is no longer relevant.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mgoulet
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Seems I had too many tabs opened! it was  I wanted to link to and his link to the OpenAL spec, but you were also part of that discussion.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.