Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Which layout to use for a note app

So i'm playing around making a simple little note app for myself. Not that its really needed there's lots of awesome note apps but its to see how to do that aspect of an app. Also I'm a noob 

What is the best way about going about making the "writing area" that i can save the info in and edit? 

Do i need to write this out in C++? Or can you make a big text feild work? Does anyone know what Remember or Docs To Go use for their page when your writing stuff in it? 

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. i'm not looking for a step by step but just a point in the right direction with this.

Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10LE, Nokia N950, DAB....
My Carrier: Telekom Slovakia

Re: Which layout to use for a note app

I think DockLayout with TextArea is good start

If helped give a like. If your problem was solved mark the post as "Solution"
Portfolio: BlackBerry Nokia
Social: Twitter | Facebook
About Me / Blog DevPDA | Blog
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Which layout to use for a note app

i would use a listview for the overview, for example paired with a simple sql database that stores the notes.
on click on an entry you could open a sheet with a save and a cancel button that displays, as Benecore already suggested, a TextArea.

Feel free to look at other applications and try to find out what UI paradigms they use, maybe you find some valuable ideas.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter