Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
basti8591
My Device: Z10

Wikitude for BB10!

Hello,

I have written with the wikitude support. but I am not a developer and i don't understand the message and what I have to do. maybe somebody of you know it better or can explain me what the message means.

Nicola from Wikitude wrote:

"Thank you for your interest in the Wikitude SDK in particular for the Blackberry 10 version. Due to the feedback from our development community and general market demand we have decided to focus our resources fully on iOS, Android and the upcoming wearable market.

As we can not dedicate the level of attention and support to the Blackberry platform we would love to, we have decided to publish the BB10 SDK as 'community edition' and offer our technology free of charge until further notice. We won't be able to provide the same level of support as for the other platforms, but you may utilize the Blackberry 10 SDK for your project at no charge.

The trial version can be found at this location. The version includes the full feature set available for BlackBerry 10. Once you publish your app, contact us for a license key to remove the watermark in the camera.

Should you require the Blackberry 10 SDK for a large commercial project and need dedicated support, please let us know and we will be happy to work on an individual agreement with you.

Greetings
 Nicola"

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Re: Wikitude for BB10!

Welcome to the forums.

Basically they are saying that they don't feel the BlackBerry 10 market is big enough to justify the cost of building their own app for it, but they have no objection to someone else doing it. In fact, they are publishing an API for BB10 at no cost to make this even easier for a third party to bring Wikitude to BlackBerry 10.

I suspect you are hoping that the link you provided would lead to something you could run on your BlackBerry, but unfortunately this is not the case. An API is an "interface" that an application can use to talk to another program or service. What that API does is make it possible for someone to write a Wikitude application using that API, but it is not an application itself.

basti8591 wrote:

Hello,

I have written with the wikitude support. but I am not a developer and i don't understand the message and what I have to do. maybe somebody of you know it better or can explain me what the message means.

Nicola from Wikitude wrote:

"Thank you for your interest in the Wikitude SDK in particular for the Blackberry 10 version. Due to the feedback from our development community and general market demand we have decided to focus our resources fully on iOS, Android and the upcoming wearable market.

As we can not dedicate the level of attention and support to the Blackberry platform we would love to, we have decided to publish the BB10 SDK as 'community edition' and offer our technology free of charge until further notice. We won't be able to provide the same level of support as for the other platforms, but you may utilize the Blackberry 10 SDK for your project at no charge.

The trial version can be found at this location. The version includes the full feature set available for BlackBerry 10. Once you publish your app, contact us for a license key to remove the watermark in the camera.

Should you require the Blackberry 10 SDK for a large commercial project and need dedicated support, please let us know and we will be happy to work on an individual agreement with you.

Greetings
 Nicola"

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
basti8591
My Device: Z10

oh okay, that's sad.

thank you very much!
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe somebody will take up the challenge and make a 3rd-party Wikitude client for BB10.

Would you mind marking this thread as solved? Thanks.

basti8591 wrote:
oh okay, that's sad.

thank you very much!

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Have you looked at this?

Please use plain text.