Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: shravan.pottala@gmail.com
My Carrier: Airtel

Will Symbian,c++ applications like.sis or .sisx be converted to >BAR format. If Yes How?

Will Symbian,c++ applications like.sis or .sisx be converted to >BAR format. If Yes How?

I am specific about symbian only and not Qt  or any.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Will Symbian,c++ applications like.sis or .sisx be converted to >BAR format. If Yes How?

No, you would have to recompile your source code using the Native SDK for PlayBook.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: shravan.pottala@gmail.com
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Will Symbian,c++ applications like.sis or .sisx be converted to >BAR format. If Yes How?

Yes I have installed the native SDK for  playbook.

Can u please  guide me step by step as How to convert my symbian,c+ application into .BAR format.

When I try to run a sample project on simulator Debug.  My simulator is not launching at all.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

That's the hard part... you'll have to do most of that yourself, I'm afraid. I know nothing about Symbian, little about Qt, and the Qt support is really in an alpha state right now anyway so if you're going to do this, you need to figure things out yourself.

If you have *specific* questions about issues like the simulator, please start separate threads for each question and be sure to provide enough details that someone could actually help. Far more importantly: search the forum first to see if your questions have already been answered!

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!