Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
pnewhook
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Windows NDK Download Broken

[ Edited ]

I click on the download button for the Windows NDK and I'm brought to this

Reference #50.5d2e0760.1318969816.2e4dcabe

An error occurred while processing your request.

I'm trying to download from this page.https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/download/

Please use plain text.
Developer
navikun
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Windows NDK Download Broken

Looks like something has changed on the download page. Prompts for an Akamai download manager install. Maybe it will work now foregoing the need to install the Akamai thing :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
pnewhook
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks, looks like the Akamai downloader is working. Though using Chrome I was prompted that the site was trying to start multiple downloads. I allowed it, which started trying to redownload the NDK installer ever 5 seconds.

Please use plain text.
Developer
navikun

Still having issues here. I guess I will just wait till later to let them iron things out :Wacko:

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Just one person's experience, but: I tried to download the NDK in Chrome, and when I clicked the download button, nothing happened.  A righ-click>Save link as ... on the download button, however, did get it to download.  I wasn't prompted to use any Akamai downloader or anything.

Please use plain text.
Developer
navikun

I had the akamai pop up whilst using firefox. There is a bigger thread about download issues under the Webworks & HTML5 Dev threads. Anywho think they said that had gotten the problem fixed earlier today. I downloaded directly from the URL as well though, which worked fine today.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Transcendental_Mobile
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: QED

FWIW, very early this morning (using Firefox) to enjoy a working download I had to right click on the Download Button, copy link location, and paste the URL into the Address Bar... since nothing was happening when simply clicking the download button.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I had to do the samething in IE8. It probbly works in one of the browsers, but since I only needed to do this once, I figured RIM will fix this at some point.
Please use plain text.