Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
ryansweny
My Device: Z10

Writing a Cordova plugin that links against QtCore

When I try and import a class like QDir, I get the following error:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
fatal error: QtCore/qstring.h: No such file or directory    DiscreteCamera        line 45, external location: C:\devel\bbndk10.1\target_10_1_0_1020\qnx6\usr\include\qt4\QtCore\qdir.h    C/C++ Problem

I have added the QtCore lib by going Project --> Configure --> Add Library --> Standard BlackBerry library  and then selecting Platform -->QtCore

When I explore my imported libs QtCore/qstring.h is in fact there. Any ideas on how to fix this error? My project is based directly off of this sample:

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/tree/master/BB10-Cordova/Template/plugin/src/b...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Writing a Cordova plugin that links against QtCore

This is most likely an issue with your include folders. I think that you've added the library to your project properly, but you may also have to update the include folders too. 

Make sure you have ${QNX_TARGET}/usr/include/qt4/QtCore listed in addition to the ${QNX_TARGET}/usr/include/qt4 directory.

You are referencing QDir which is also used by the LowLatencyAudio plugin. You may want to import that one and compare.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead