Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

vicson88
My Device: Playbook

You are attempting to run an application built for the device on the simulator. Please rebuild your application for the simulator.

You are attempting to run an application built for the device on the simulator. Please rebuild your application for the simulator.

Mac OSX or Windows, Im always getting this error. I am a new developer and need help. 

I use: Build Configuration - Set Active - Debug Simulator

I remember I had it working a while back on my Mac, so I have no idea where I am going wrong!

Thanks in Advanced.

Developer
oliver_kranz
My Device: Z10

Re: You are attempting to run an application built for the device on the simulator. Please rebuild your application for the simulator.

A solution would be to test on the device and not on the simulator. But this would only be a workaround for the problem.

I remember having the same isue when porting a project to the newest SDK.

New Developer
Minishlink
My Device: PlayBook

Re: You are attempting to run an application built for the device on the simulator. Please rebuild your application for the simulator.

Setting active the targer isn't sufficient enough. You have to change the "run target" also. Because when you use the "Run" icon, it currently runs the Device-* run configutation. So to solve your problem, you have to change your Run configuration and change the target from Device-* to Simulator-Debug.
Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------
See my PlayBook apps and my website.
Twitter : @Minishlink
roma3535
My Device: Playbook

Tnk :smileyhappy:

Visitor
phanlong10119
My Device: Simulator

I change to the simulator-debug but that couldn't run. How can i do :smileysad: Please help me !! Thanks.
New Developer
nelson0511
My Device: devloper

under the "file" folder i found an option that said "rebuild" and i clicked that and it worked