If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
Labba
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Any

Z10 OS 10.2 SDK to support assistive touch ?

Hi, 
if the user power button is not working in the Z10 , is there an API or a support in the OS for assistive touch ? or to lock the screen or to turn off the phone when i want instead of using the top power button ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Z10 OS 10.2 SDK to support assistive touch ?

This is the developers forum are you a developer?

As long as you have gestures enabled within settings then you can lock and unlock the phone using gestures and touch.

If the phone is switched off there is no way to turn it on without hitting the power button.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Labba

yes i'm a developer and trying to find how to lock the phone via a command so if the user has a broken power button he could use the application to turn off the screen ...
can you guide me to API reference ?
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Okay but please don't post the same question in multiple forums it's against forum guidelines and just wastes the time of people answering here.

AFAIK there is no API to lock the screen, HomeScreen is the API interface it would be in if it existed but this function does no exist presently.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__platform__homescreen.html

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Labba

[ Edited ]

Thanks! 

i find it odd that this improved OS 10.2 doens't have this simple feature to just lock screen as an API like all other mobile OS .. 

with the iPhone there is no API but there system built-in support for assistive touch and you can lock the device.

with Android there is an API

why can't it be supported in BB OS10.2 ?! is there any logical explanation ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

You can put a feature request in to JIRA if you feel you need this functionality.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Labba

yes.. and get it when ? ! in 2 years .. :-(

pass.. moving on from trying to develop for this phone.. missing allot of basic stuff that other has...

Please use plain text.